Hope you’re enjoying this great Fall weekend. Cozy up with your favorite brew and enjoy some tech/data reads.
- What’s New In Python 3.8 (Python.org)
- Migration Complete – Amazon’s Consumer Business Just Turned off its Final Oracle Database (AWS Blog)
- IS AMAZON’S DATABASE STRATEGY A GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE? (The Next Platform)
- The economics of Artificial Intelligence today (Nesta)
- The Worlds That AI Might Create (WSJ)
Nerd out on some of these awesome data articles.
- A Role in Progress: The Future of the Chief Data Officer (CBR)
- Qubole Open-Sources Multi-Engine Support for Updates and Deletes in Data Lakes (Qubole Blog)
- PostgreSQL 12 Released! (Postgres)
- Scaling a Mature Data Pipeline — Managing Overhead (Airbnb Blog)
- AWS Glue: Lesson learned… (Rahul Nandi)
You know the drill – grab a coffee or tea and settle in for these weekend data reads.
- An AI learned to play hide-and-seek. The strategies it came up with on its own were astounding (Vox)
- Amazon Redshift announces automatic workload management and query priorities (AWS Blog)
- The billion-dollar race to change how drugs are made (Fast Company)
- You’re very easy to track down, even when your data has been anonymized (MIT Technology Review)
- Comparing Database Types: How Database Types Evolved to Meet Different Needs (Prisma)
Imply.io and Ternary Data have teamed up to help companies win with real time analytics. While streaming solutions have been around for a while, true real time analytics is incredibly difficult or impossible to do with traditional data technologies like data lakes and data warehouses. And while some solutions such as Cassandra and HBase handle real time transactions, they don’t necessarily work great for OLAP purposes.
Enter Imply. Based on Apache Druid (Imply is a core contributor of Druid), Imply offers security, alerting, and a full fledged analytics dashboard out of the box. Imply is amazing.
Ternary only works with best of breed data technologies, and we feel that Imply offers the absolute best solution when it comes to true real time analytics. Simply hook up your real time stream from Kafka, Kinesis, or another message bus, and start getting value from Imply’s real time analytics. Nothing else comes close.
What the heck is a data river? And haven’t we just started figuring out the data lake? While data lakes are great for batch data, the data river is a new paradigm that points to where the world is moving – real time streaming data. When you get down to it, a lot of data is simply a continuous stream. And data without analytics is…just data.
With the new partnership between Imply and Ternary, companies can now take their journey on the data river. Stop futzing around with substandard, duct-taped systems for your “real time” analytics. For a free trial of Imply, contact us today.
Enjoy the Fall weather. But if you’re indoors, check out these data reads.
- Software engineering for machine learning: a case study (Adrian Coyler)
- Forecaster: A Graph Transformer for Forecasting Spatial and Time-Dependent Data (Arxiv)
- Is Serverless really as cheap as everyone claims? (Dev)
- How Backpropagation Works ( Youtube – Brandon Rohrer)
- 5 things I have learned from investing in AI First Startups. (John Spindler)