It’s that time of the week again. Enjoy the early Fall weather. And when you’re bored or want to stretch your mind, check out these data reads.
- Interesting Data Papers (GitHub)
- What happened to Hadoop (Architecht)
- Refactoring to Amazon DynamoDB (AWS Blog)
- Working with Qubole to tackle the challenges of machine learning at an enterprise scale (Google Cloud Blog)
- Apache Druid helps Zeotap Master Multi-Channel Attribution at Scale (Imply.io)
- What’s next for the popular programming language R? (Quartz)
It’s the weekend. And it’s basically Fall. Enjoy the cooler temps and these awesome data/tech reads.
- The Next Hot Job: Pretending to Be a Robot (WSJ)
- Serverless on GCP (Brave New Geek)
- The Anthropologist of Artificial Intelligence (Quanta)
- Time to shed Python 2 (National Cyber Security Centre)
- Cutting down over 95% of your BigQuery costs using File Loads (Medium)
- A Breakthrough for A.I. Technology: Passing an 8th-Grade Science Test (NYTimes)
Get educated with some data/tech reading. Enjoy your weekend.
- How To Improve Your Data Science Strategy (Toward Data Science)
- Looking Ahead After a Quarter Century Into the Digital Age (WSJ)
- Data-Center Market Is Booming Amid Shift to Cloud (WSJ)
- Every Google Cloud product described in 4 words or less (Google Cloud Blog)
- The WeWork IPO (Stratechery)
You know the drill. Coffee + these data/technology articles = a good weekend.
- Why it’s perfectly fine not to pursue the AI hype (Medium)
- AI Startup Boom Raises Questions of Exaggerated Tech Savvy (WSJ)
- Good Database Design Starts Here (Toward Data Science)
- AWS Lake Formation – Now Generally Available (AWS Blog)
- Is Python Strangling R to Death? (DataNami)
- DeepMind’s Losses and the Future of Artificial Intelligence (Wired)
Enjoy your weekend. Maybe read something…like these awesome data-related articles.