Hope you all have an excellent Memorial Day weekend! Remember what the weekend is all about.
In the meantime, enjoy these weekend data/technology reads.
- Distributed Data Querying with Alluxio (Jowanza Joseph)
- Putting the ‘ease’ in Kubernetes with latest enhancements to GKE – managed Windows containers in K8s (Google Cloud Blog)
- When AI Becomes a Part of Our Daily Lives (HBR)
- Amber Brown: Batteries Included, But They’re Leaking (PyFound)
- How AI could save lives without spilling medical secrets (MIT Technology Review)
Welcome to the weekend. Pour several cups of coffee and enjoy these tech/data reads.
- The Empty Promise of Data Moats (a16a)
- API design: Why you should use links, not keys, to represent relationships in APIs (Google Cloud Blog)
- Things you’re probably not using in Python 3 – but should (Data What Now)
- Tips on How to Make AI a Corporate Success (WSJ)
- Has the Python GIL been slain? (Hackernoon)
If the weather is good where you live, please get outside and enjoy some sunshine. But if you’re looking for something to read on your downtime, check out this weekend’s data reads.
- GitLab’s journey from Azure to GCP (Gitlab)
- Cause and effect in ML (MIT Technology Review)
- HOW EXACTLY STITCH FIX’S “TINDER FOR CLOTHES” LEARNS YOUR STYLE (Quartz)
- The making of Amazon Prime, the internet’s most successful and devastating membership program (Vox)
Enjoy these end-of-week data and technology reads. Goes well with strong coffee.
- Forget about artificial intelligence, extended intelligence is the future (Wired)
- New – Amazon S3 Batch Operations (AWS Blog)
- Distributions vs Releases: Why Python Packaging is Hard (PyDist)
- How a Google Street View image of your house predicts your risk of a car accident (MIT Technology Review)
- Python at Netflix (Netflix Tech Blog)
Ternary Data is excited to announce that we’re teaming up with Quoble to help companies in the Rocky Mountain West get more value from their data platforms powered by Apache Spark and Hadoop. For several years, Qubole has been our favorite single-stop, self-service big data platform. Given the newly announced partnership between Qubole and Google Cloud Platform (GCP), as well as Ternary’s strong ties to GCP, this is a great fit for everyone.
Ternary Data looks forward to growing Qubole’s footprint on Google Cloud Platform, and continuing our mission to help companies win with data.
In today’s data-driven world, organizations must leverage an immense amount of generated data to disrupt, innovate, and thrive. Qubole provides a cloud-native data platform for analytics and machine learning that quickly activates large quantities of data for all users while lowering costs. Built by the team who built Facebook’s data platform, Qubole serves some of the largest data-driven companies such as Lyft, Expedia, Box, and Oracle.
About Ternary Data
Ternary Data are “recovering data scientists” and veteran data engineers. We started Ternary Data after growing tired of seeing business after business fail to get value from their data science initiatives. Our mission is to help companies win with their data. Ternary Data partners with the best in the data business, including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and Qubole.